[Samba] 3.6.8: Winbind/Active Directory: lsass.exe process run cpu to 100%

David Touzeau david at touzeau.eu
Thu Sep 27 01:00:36 MDT 2012

Dear
I have connected samba 3.6.8 to my Active Directory in the lsass.exe run to
100%
When stopping winbind the lsass.exe CPU is down to 0%
When set winbindd to debug mode, it seems it try to scan the root user every
time.
I would to know how to ban nsswitch to query winbindd for system internal
users such has root, apache.....

Here it is my nsswitch.conf :

#
# Example configuration of GNU Name Service Switch functionality.
# If you have the `glibc-doc-reference' and `info' packages installed, try:
# `info libc "Name Service Switch"' for information about this file.
bind_policy soft

passwd:         compat ldap winbind
group:          compat ldap winbind
shadow:         compat ldap winbind

hosts:          files mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] dns mdns4 mdns
networks:       files

protocols:      db files
services:       db files
ethers:         db files
rpc:            db files
netmasks:       files
netgroup:       files nis
publickey:      files
bootparams:     files
aliases:        files
automount:      ldap files

Attached file is the winbindd debug mode: