[Samba] smbclient username not working

arun.sasi1 at wipro.com arun.sasi1 at wipro.com
Wed Sep 26 04:57:58 MDT 2012

It seems password must be replicated

You can send mail to 25dollartechhelp at gmail.com

From: Caleb O'Connell [caleb at privacyassociation.org]
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 11:21 PM
To: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: [Samba] smbclient username not working

I joined a samba 3.5.10 server to a samba4 active directory domain.  Windows
clients can't browse the root of the servers shares (\\192.168.10.10 )  but
they can access the shares if I manually mount them.

The following command works on the server that samba 3.5 is running on.

smbclient -U administrator -L 127.0.0.1

The following command gives a NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE on a client

smbclient -U administrator -L 192.168.10.10

I can get the smbclient command to work on the client using

smbclient -U DOMAIN\administrator -L 192.168.10.10

The same command fails on the server.

Windows computers can get to shares mapped directly (very slow, however)
But they cannot browse the services, as in go to \\192.168.10.10 and see the
shares and printers.

the following in my smb.conf I'm using.

[global]
        workgroup = DOMAIN
        realm = DOMAIN.LOCAL
        security = ADS
        server string = Samba %v
        idmap domains = IAPP
        idmap config IAPP:backend = rid
        idmap config IAPP:schema_mode = rfc2307
        idmap config IAPP:range = 500-1000000
        template homedir = /home/%D/%U
        template shell = /bin/bash
        load printers = yes
        dns proxy = no
        client use spnego = yes
        client ntlmv2 auth = yes
        encrypt passwords = yes
        wins support = yes
        netbios name = DOMAIN-SERVER
        max protocol = SMB2
        printing = cups
        winbind expand groups = 2
        winbind nss info = rfc2307
        winbind offline logon = true
        winbind use default domain = true
        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes
        winbind nested groups = Yes
        enhanced browsing = no
        unix extensions = no
        debug level = 3
        printcap name = cups
        domain master = no
        local master = no
        preferred master = no

Basically I can't really use this server and can't get to users home shares.

Thanks.

www.wipro.com