[Samba] Windows 8 Pro no domain logon possible

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Sun Sep 23 09:16:12 MDT 2012

From: Roland Schwingel <roland.schwingel at onevision.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 12:04:46 +0200

> samba-bounces at lists.samba.org wrote on 20.09.2012 11:30:23:
>  > From: Roland Schwingel <roland.schwingel at onevision.com>
>  > [...]
>  > I got a serious problem with it. I cannot logon as domain user.
>  > [...]
>  > Does anyone have the same problems?
>  > Has anyone already got a working windows 8 pro in a domain?
>
> After some more tests and changes I can give a small report on domain
> logon using windows 8 together with samba 3:
>
> Logon is possible after some changes, but there remains some logout trouble.

I examined both Samba 3.6.6/3.6.8(latest) about Samba3 domain logon
from Windows 8 and both works well.

I compiled Samba from source tarball.

> I am using samba 3.6.6 on my PDCs and my fileservers with enabled
> smb2.

My simple smb.conf looks like:

-----
[global]
  workgroup = SAMBA366 (or SAMBA368)
  domain logons = yes

  passdb backend = tdbsam

  add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -s /bin/false %u
  max protocol = smb2
  min protocol = smb2

# log level = 3

 [homes]
   writeable = yes
   browseable = no
-----

What is different from you around SMB2...

My Windows 8 box runs Windows 8 Professional 32bit modified registries
same as Windows 7.

If you could, please test same smb.conf?

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at monyo.com>