[Samba] Login batch file not working for Win7

Tony Molloy tony.molloy at ul.ie
Fri Sep 21 04:23:23 MDT 2012

HI

I'm running samba3x-3.5.10-0.110.el5_8.x86_64 on a fully updated
CentOS-5.8 system as PDC.

We upgraded our lab machines to Win7 over the summer

The logins work ok and the homes share is being mounted from a
separate fileserver. However the login batch command script is not
running. It's just a simple script  which syncs the system time and
mounts another share.

Part of smb.conf

       logon script = %G.cmd
        logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
        logon drive = H:
        logon home = \\YOUNGMUNSTER\homes

and an example script from /samba/netlogon/cs1yr.cmd

@echo
@echo            Setting System Policies:  Please Wait.
@echo off
NET TIME \\janus /SET /YES > X
net use M: \\youngmunster\ug2012 /persistent:no > X

where janus is the PDC and youngmunster is the fileserver with the
homes share and the other share I want to mount.

Any idea why it's not working.

Thanks,

Tony
Script e.g.