[Samba] New DNS implementation

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Sat Sep 15 17:20:17 MDT 2012

On 2012-09-14 05:14, Zane Zakraisek wrote:

Hi Zane,

> Hey everyone. I compiled Beta 9 and used the Bind9 DNS server for Samba
> DNS. Now I'd like to compile and set up RC1. I hear that it uses the new
> internal DNS server by default. Is there any additional configuration that
> needs to be set up here with the new DNS implementation?

Depends on if you want to keep running the bind_dlz backend you set up
with the beta or not. If you want to keep running the bind plugin, add
server services = -dns
to your smb.conf globals section.

If you want to run the internal dns server, you probably don't need to
set up anything, but make sure /etc/resolv.conf points at your server's
IP address and not at 127.0.0.1.

Cheers,
Kai

--