[Samba] Samba 4 rc1 installation attempts

James Cronin jamescronin at doctors.org.uk
Fri Sep 14 15:50:28 MDT 2012

All going fine with new RC1, however one suggestion I would make for the
new configure scripts which are much more helpful than the old style
ones, would be to put more of a warning about ACL support being needed
to successfully provision an domain - or make it a configure failure if
this is not found? Maybe with an option to pass to configure to allow
overriding the error???

. I was aware of the requirement, but have just managed somehow to build
it without ACL installed on an old test machine which has taken a good
hour to build samba!

Many thanks for all the work, and hopefully going to get samba 4 into a
semi production environment this weekend as the admins domain
controller. If all goes well I may well role it out to a wider
enviroment later on.

James