[Samba] Compile of v4 RC1 fails

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Sep 14 05:26:48 MDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-09-13 at 14:13 -0400, Philippe Laurent wrote:
> Centos 6.3, patched as of yesterday.
>
> Beta 8 was compiled and run successfully on the same machine yesterday, and
> I was able to fully configure and join a domain.
>
> With today's RC1 release, I downloaded the source,
> configure.developer/make, but make failed (really, it just hangs forever)
> after:
>
> [1717/3777] Compiling librpc/ndr/ndr_basic.c
>
> If there's other stuff I can provide to help troubleshoot this one, please
> let me know.

I've had this reported once before, but we never got to the bottom of it
(they did a git clean or fixed something in their environment and it
just worked).  As you are building from a clean tarball, this is more
puzzling.

I strongly suspect it's hanging waiting on stdin - if you can file a
bug, with the end of output from 'make V=1' and 'make V=2' we can try
and see where it's going wrong.  I hope one of the commands is
inexplicably missing an input file, otherwise this will be very
puzzling.

It should be a gcc invocation, so please also attach the files that are
referenced in that command.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett