[Samba] How to fix the problem adminitrator password

Carlos Eduardo vostro1744 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 13:51:16 MDT 2012

Hi,

I would like to ask a help for know how I can fix the problem with the
administrator user.

So, I tried to change the administrator password with the command
"smbpasswd -U administrador", but it not worked and I got below messages:

New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
Unable to modify TDB passwd ! Error: Record does not exist
 occured while storing the RID index (RID_00000888)
Failed to modify entry for user administrador.
Failed to modify password entry for user administrador

Someone can help to fix the problem ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Carlos Eduardo