[Samba] Local Administrator access

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 08:22:29 MST 2012

With Windows7, the 1st account you create  during the initial setup is
typically a member of the local admin group.  The actual "Administrator"
account is normally disabled.  Did this 1st account get deleted?

When you joined the domain, the Domain Admin's groups should have been
added to the local Admin group.

This can get messed up if your group mappings are not set up correctly.

Also, I think when running the "net" command you may want to use "-U
Administrator" to use the credentials of your domain Administrator
account  (assuming one has been defined.)  In my setup the unix root
does not have a samba account.