[Samba] Local Administrator access

Knut Olav Bøhmer bohmer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 08:03:58 MST 2012

Hi,

I have a windows 7 machine withouth local administrator account.
I need to create such an account. I can log in to the machine with a user
on my samba domain.

What do I need to do in order to get administrator access, or access to
create an local administrator account?

I have tried to do this:

[root at float samba]# net rpc group addmem "Administrators" 'DOMAIN\username'
Enter root's password:
Could not add SKOLELINUX\knobo to Administrators: NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_ALIAS

I have tried to give some rights this way:

net rpc rights grant 'DOMAIN\username' SeMachineAccountPrivilege
SeAddUsersPrivilege SeDiskOperatorPrivilege SeSecurityPrivilege
SeUndockPrivilege SeImpersonatePrivilege SeCreateGlobalPrivilege
SePrintOperatorPrivilege SeCreateGlobalPrivilege
SeEnableDelegationPrivilege  SeUndockPrivilege  SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege

And it does what I tell it:
[root at float samba]# net rpc rights list knobo
Enter root's password:
SeMachineAccountPrivilege
SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege
SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege
SePrintOperatorPrivilege
SeAddUsersPrivilege
SeDiskOperatorPrivilege
SeSecurityPrivilege
SeSystemProfilePrivilege
SeUndockPrivilege
SeImpersonatePrivilege
SeCreateGlobalPrivilege
SeEnableDelegationPrivilege

But I'm still promptet for username and password, when I try to access the
user accounts in windows 7.

Any suggestions?

Regards
--