[Samba] Failure demoting 2008_R2 DC (S4rc5)

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Fri Nov 23 15:18:45 MST 2012

On 11/23/2012 05:39 AM, Thomas Simmons wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've found that if I uncheck DNS during dcpromo, I do not experience either
> of these problems. Does Samba4 not have the ability to replicate DNS? If
> not, what other options are available for AD DNS redundancy across sites?
> Also, does anyone know why provisioning a domain as testdom.com or
> testdom.local results in the Windows Server not being able to determine the
> number of authoritative DNS servers, but it works when using
> subdomain.testdom.com? Thanks for any assistance.
Ah yes it's a "known" issue we have problems demoting DC which have
replicated DNS partitions, I already asked some feedback from Microsoft
on this issue.

You have to know that we still have some issues in replication as we
don't setup all the record 100% like MS AD DC does.

Please file a bug report in our bugzilla but resolution might take a bit.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team