[Samba] NIS to SAMBA4 Migration

Bernd Markgraf bernd.markgraf at med.ovgu.de
Fri Nov 23 10:39:55 MST 2012

Hi,

http://phaedrus77.blogspot.de/2010/04/samba4-ad-domain-controller-to-serve.html has pretty detailed info on setting up S4 to serve posix user infomation as per rfc2307. back when I installed it I had to extend the schema maually to include rfc2307 attributes.
as for user management I largely use some scripts to generate ldifs to
set the needed attributes. never really used the windows tools.
though I think the according fields in the windows gui allowed the
attrbutes to be changed.

  bernd