[Samba] Lost group mappings going from Samba 3.5 to Samba 3.6

Linda W samba at tlinx.org
Thu Nov 15 10:24:29 MST 2012

Robert M. Martel - CSU wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I recently upgraded an AD member server from Samba 3.5.15 to Samba
> 3.6.9 and found that I had lost all the existing local group mappings.
I had same problem.  Never got an answer.  Went back to 3.5 series for
the time, later, when I was ready, did the upgrade
to 3.6 -- but already had a script to create my groups -- just had to
make sure it was working for 3.6.

So maybe a script you hand-craft is the solution?  No one ever posted a
better way.

Good luck!