[Samba] libkdc-policy.so: cannot open shared object file: No (samba: message 1 of 20) (samba: message 2 of 20) such file or directory?

Rowland Penny rpenny at f2s.com
Mon Nov 5 02:39:40 MST 2012

On 05/11/12 06:00, samba.to.anomalyst at xoxy.net wrote:
> from bin/samba-tools, different error:
>
> set_sys_acl_no_snum: SMB_VFS_SYS_ACL_SET_FILE returned zero.
> ERROR(<class 'samba.provision.ProvisioningError'>): Provision failed -
> ProvisioningError: Samba was compiled without the posix ACL support that
> s3fs requires.  Try installing libacl1-dev or libacl-devel, then re-run
> configure and make.
>    File "bin/python/samba/netcmd/domain.py", line 398, in run
>      use_rfc2307=use_rfc2307, skip_sysvolacl=False)
>    File "bin/python/samba/provision/__init__.py", line 1930, in provision
>      raise ProvisioningError("Samba was compiled without the posix ACL
> support that s3fs requires.  Try installing libacl1-dev or libacl-devel,
> then re-run configure and make.")
> lllrjs at nvhencds1:/usr/local/updates/samba4/samba-master$ sudo apt-get
> install libacl-devel
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: Unable to locate package libacl-devel
> lllrjs at nvhencds1:/usr/local/updates/samba4/samba-master$ sudo apt-get
> install libacl1-dev
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> libacl1-dev is already the newest version.
>

> On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 9:49 PM, Andrew Bartlett - abartlet at samba.org <
> +samba+anomalyst+3de7fc19e5.abartlet#samba.org at spamgourmet.com> wrote:

>>> git clone
>>> configure
>>> make
>>> make quicktest
>>> make install
>>>

>>> Just did
>>> git pull
>>> make
>>> make install
>>>

>>> and the provision gives the same error
>>>      from samba.net import Net
>>> ImportError: libkdc-policy.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
>>> file or directory
>> Are you installing Samba4 into /usr/local/bin and then trying to run the
>> samba-tool from your Ubuntu or Debian package install?
>>
>> (This issue has been reported for earlier samba packages).
>>
>> Try running the installed samba-tool binary, or after running 'make'
>> again (as we re-link for installation) run bin/samba-tool in the build
>> directory.
>>
>> Andrew Bartlett
>>
>> --
>> Andrew Bartlett                                http://samba.org/~abartlet/
>> Authentication Developer, Samba Team           http://samba.org

Hi, I have downloaded all the RC's and compiled them on Ubuntu 12.04
without any problems, have you got all of these packages:
build-essential libacl1-dev libattr1-dev libblkid-dev libgnutls-dev
libreadline-dev python-dev python-dnspython gdb pkg-config libpopt-dev
libldap2-dev dnsutils libbsd-dev attr krb5-user

See: https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_4/OS_Requirements
this is linked to from: https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO

I have checked for libkdc-policy.so on my Samba 4 server and I do not
have it either, but my server provisioned ok and runs ok

Rowland

believed to be clean.