[Samba] libkdc-policy.so: cannot open shared object file: No (samba: message 2 of 20) such file or directory?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Nov 4 22:49:11 MST 2012

On Sun, 2012-11-04 at 21:31 -0800, samba.to.anomalyst at xoxy.net wrote:
> >How exactly did you build it?
> git clone
> configure
> make
> make quicktest
> make install
>

> Just did
> git pull
> make
> make install
>

> and the provision gives the same error
>     from samba.net import Net
> ImportError: libkdc-policy.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory

Are you installing Samba4 into /usr/local/bin and then trying to run the
samba-tool from your Ubuntu or Debian package install?

(This issue has been reported for earlier samba packages).

Try running the installed samba-tool binary, or after running 'make'
again (as we re-link for installation) run bin/samba-tool in the build
directory.

Andrew Bartlett