[Samba] [samba] printer & cups

Moray Henderson Moray.Henderson at ict-software.org
Thu Nov 1 05:44:47 MDT 2012

We had "printing = bsd" when we had a PDF printer script like yours.
Because we are running SELinux, we also had to label our script
samba_unconfined_script_exec_t to allow Samba to run it.

However, we found that Samba was not really happy with both real CUPS
printer shares and a virtual PDF printing script, so we have moved to
PDFCreator (www.pdfforge.org) on the clients instead.  It lets you use more
features than the server-side script too.

[It's better English to say "working well" than "working good"]

Moray.
"To err is human; to purr, feline."