[Samba] cannot set gpfs:sharemodes to yes

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at buzzard.me.uk
Fri May 11 07:18:18 MDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-05-11 at 13:07 +0100, Zdenek SMetana wrote:
> Christian,
>
> Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate one. To summarize - gpfs 3.2
> is unsupported in samba 3.6 branch. That triggers another question - is
> there a combination of samba release and gpfs 3.2.x proven to work? I'm
> happy to install any release of samba as long as it supports clustering and
> any version of gpfs as long as it is 3.2 branch.
>
> Jonathan - unfortunately I'm stuck with gpfs 3.2, there is nothing I can do.

You are stuck with an unsupported version of GPFS? How is that possible?
That is surely a bad place to be, and your GPFS needs upgrading to
something supported in the near future regardless

You also need to be running pretty recent Samba to ensure that your
servers are not remote root exploitable.

I strongly recommend you look again at why you are apparently "stuck" at
3.2 and fix that first.

JAB.

Fife, United Kingdom.