[Samba] cannot set gpfs:sharemodes to yes

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at buzzard.me.uk
Fri May 11 05:42:56 MDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-05-11 at 11:39 +0100, Zdenek SMetana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up samba share exporting gpfs filesystem and I strugle
> with setting sharemode to yes. Samba is 3.6.5, gpfs version is 3.2.1-29
> (the latest available for 3.2 branch). Everything works fine when sharemode
> is set to no, but I'd rather insist to switch it to yes. That's what man
> page says:

I would start with an upgrade to your GPFS version, 3.2 is now doggy
ancient in GPFS land. I am not sure it is even under support from IBM
anymore.

Certainly it works with Samba 3.5.10 and GPFS 3.4.6 and 3.4.13

[SNIP]

>         inherit acls = Yes

Not sure you want that, probably just better to set the inherit bit on
the GPFS NFSv4 ACL.

JAB.

Fife, United Kingdom.