[Samba] Linux Samba NFSv4 ACLs mapping

Thu May 3 06:58:37 MDT 2012

On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 05:45:03AM -0700, clinton propst wrote:
> Our current Linux Samba server mounts NFSv4 file systems
> from a Net App Filer and shares them out via samba to
> windows nodes, but does not share them with the ACLs.
> From previous mailings it looks like Linux Samba is
> missing the mapping for NFSv4 ACLs.  Looks like Solaris
> has a NFSv4 ACL mapping module named vfs_solarisacl.  Is
> there currently any fix for this?  Or is there a plan to
> add this functionality?

Take a quick look at the discussion thread triggered by
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2012-April/082921.html

Quick summary: Someone needs to write a vfs module doing
nfsv4 ops via the system.nfs4_acl xattr. Doable, but a few
days of work I would guess.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de