[Samba] windows 7 roaming profiles

Sat Mar 31 06:54:58 MDT 2012

On 2012-03-30 3:18 AM, steve <steve at steve-ss.com> wrote:
> El 29/03/12 22:36, Miguel Medalha escribió:
 >> Charles wrote:
>>> The stuff in t he roaming profiles (very little) is copied back/forth
>>> at login/out, the stuff in t he redirected folders is *synchronized*
>>> at all times using the Offline Files technology that has long existed
>>> in Microsofts products.

> I create a file and store it on my desktop.
>
> roaming profile
> It is stored locally until I log off whereupon it is synced to the server.

Correct...

> desktop folder redirected
> The file is only ever stored at the destination.

Incorrect (again, unless you have changed the default, and again, I am
not even sure this is possible, and definitely it is most likely not
recommended).

> Edits are instantaneously synced, not only when I log off.

Correct... they are *synced*... which means they exist in *both*
locations, *not* '*only* on the destination/redirected folder'...

--

Best regards,

Charles