[Samba] Shares from Windows 2008 R2 machine joined to Samba 3.5.10 domain

Bethel, Zach zach_bethel at taylor.edu
Mon Mar 5 10:34:43 MST 2012

Greetings,

We host a Samba domain and have a Windows 2008 R2 server joined to it. On this Windows server, we want to create shares using the net share command, however we are getting a "The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed." error when we try and do this. Does samba 3.5 even allow Windows 2008 R2 to share directories on its domain in this fashion? If so, what changes to Windows need to me made to accommodate this?

Thanks!
Zach.

The information in this communication is intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to the sender of this email, and then delete it from your system. Taylor University is not liable for the inaccurate or improper transmission of the information contained in this communication or for any delay in its receipt.