[Samba] Samba4: fileserver on a box other than a DC

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Wed Jun 27 08:59:52 MDT 2012

On 27/06/12 16:07, Bjoern Baumbach wrote:
> In this case I suggest a normal samba3 member server.
> Alternatively you can use member server-role with samba4.
>
> But I didn't try a join as a member with samba4 so far.

Hi
Thanks. The server-role=member sounds good.

How do I then tell the clients (I have both Linux and xp and 7 in the
domain) to look at the new fileserver?

Currently, the Linux boxes are automounting cifs and nfs. Presumably I
will have to change all the /etc/auto. files on the clients. will there
be any Kerberos probelm with the machine keys do you think? This would
also mean changing profile, home and unixhome attributes in LDAP.

Cheers,
Steve