[Samba] ACLS without winbind (but WITH correct user mapping)

Colin Fowler cfowler at scss.tcd.ie
Fri Jun 22 03:41:10 MDT 2012

On 21/06/12 17:50, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 05:50:45PM +0100, Colin Fowler wrote:
>> Note the DOMAIN and not "Unix User". Clicking apply simply makes the
>> new entry disappear.
>>
>> If username mapping is working correctly, why does adding an ACL for
>> DOMAIN\nigel not set an ACL for Unix User\nigel?
> I'm not sure username mapping is being done in that
> codepath. This is designed to work (and normally tested
> with) winbindd.
>
> Jeremy.

Am I corect in thinking that this is something that would be desireable
for others and not just me and my rather oddball configuration? For
people using standalone servers, NSS/LDAP etc and any other places where
winbind is not used, this would be a rather useful feature, no?

I might actually do some hacking on this myself. Any pointers as to
where in the code I should dive in?

regards,
         Colin