[Samba] winbind template homedir liimitations

NdK ndk.clanbo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 06:47:34 MDT 2012

Il 19/06/2012 13:33, steve ha scritto:

> Is it possible to specify more than one
> template homedir = xxx
> in smb.conf?
I don't think so.
It could be useful for me, too, if possible (say: to have a web-home dir
for some users, on a separate share than their data-home).
But I couldn't define a clear semantic for multiple [homes], even if at
all possible.

> Everyone seems to have their Linux home directories created in the same
> folder, which makes administration difficult. We'd like to organise
> users into sub folders.
You can differentiate on the domain and other info, replacing parts of
path with macros. Maybe not much, but it's a start.

BYtE,
 Diego.