[Samba] Samba4 Multi-Master replication

Morten Kramer node1011 at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 17 06:29:37 MDT 2012

Thanks for the info,

I did not try this setup yet.

Anyway,

Would you guys recommend a replication setup for production yet? The
samba internal dns implementation being still work in progresss?

I really wonder if I should just set up a single DC for starters and
wait until the whole DNS will be part of samba.
This Domain will only cater to about 100-150 clients and one DC should
be easily able to deal with this workload?!

A second DC would certainly a good idea, but i really wonder if it's
worth the hassle right now.

I can just take daily snapshots of a single DC and roll back if anything
goes terribly wrong.

Thanks for your input!

-morten