[Samba] Samba4 Multi-Master replication

Morten Kramer node1011 at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 11 04:01:40 MDT 2012

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get the Samba4 multi-master replication to work.

I set up the primary domain controller using this howto (under CentOS
6.2 x64):

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO

I installed bind 9.8.3 and enabled encrypted dns updates.

I set up another VM with the same CentOS version and oriented myself on
this howto:

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO/Join_a_domain_as_a_DC

to join the second DC into the domain. I edited /etc/resolv.conf and set
the nameserver to the IP of the primary DC (bind dns server).

Basic replication seems to work (not doing the rsync for sysvol yet).
However, when i take the primary DC offline, I can't use any of the .msc
domain admin tools anymore.

I always get an error message, telling me that there is no RPC server
available.
When i run gpmc.msc i can choose the DC i want to work on and I can see
the secondary one, but it will come back with the RPC error.

User authentication does still work and Kerberos tickets are generated
by the 2nd DC.

I can find this in the log:

../source4/dsdb/kcc/kcc_topology.c:1402: failed to find nCName attribute
of object
CN=ac7bf69c-9458-4205-acba-6fe172412d1b,CN=Partitions,CN=Configuration,DC=aeriatest2,DC=dc,DC=loc
../source4/dsdb/kcc/kcc_topology.c:3158: failed to color vertices:
NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_DB_CORRUPTION
../source4/dsdb/kcc/kcc_topology.c:3415: failed to create connections:
NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_DB_CORRUPTION
Warning: 60 extra bytes in incoming RPC request
../source4/rpc_server/drsuapi/dcesrv_drsuapi.c:74: doing DsBind with
system_session

Do i need to configure something extra, so the secondary DC will be able
to act as an RPC server?

Thanks,
freezer