[Samba] Samba4 for AD using existing LDAP, Kerberos, and Bind Setup.

David Minard david at scem.uws.edu.au
Wed Jun 13 06:29:53 MDT 2012

G'day Dewayne,

	Thank you your reply.  I'll submit the question on the technical list.

	Sorry for the slowness of my reply.  I've been on leave.

Cheers,
David Minard.
Ph:    0247 360 155
Fax:    0247 360 770

School of Computing, Engineering, and Mathematics
Building Y - Penrith Campus (Kingswood)
Locked bag 1797
Penrith South DC
NSW 1797

[Sometimes waking up just isn't worth the insult of the day to come.]

On 19/05/2012, at 6:59 AM, Dewayne wrote:

> David,
>
> I'd echo Gemes comment about posting your question to the
> samba-technical at lists.samba.org list which would be more appropriate.
> There is some topical discussion going on there regarding content of a
> samba4 Beta release, and your question would be well timed.
>
> I'd suggest that you also consider the samba4 on existing: dhcp, dns & ntp
> infrastructure.
>
> Good sources of information are at:
> WhatsNew -
> http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=blob;f=WHATSNEW.txt;h=8798a875cc7618
> da819e9ecd1db6cb7f25f85a94;hb=edb15ffef29fbb69a4d1dfc862fe8d6a3a027347
>
> Other useful references:
> 1. https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO
> 2. https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO/Join_a_domain_as_a_DC
> 3. https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/samba3upgrade/HOWTO