[Samba] Samba 4 analyse

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Jun 3 03:02:38 MDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-05-30 at 12:29 +0200, Stéphane PURNELLE wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My actual config
>

> Samba 3 PDC, file and print server use openldap backend
> Posix ACL on XFS FS using pam_ldap and ns_ldap.
> independant wins and DNS server (not DDNS)
>
> Can I have same configuration in samba 4 ?
> LIke :
> DC
> flie server with posix ACL support and pam, ns_ldap .
> independant wins and DNS server (not DDNS).
>
> It's just an analyse !

You can still separate your DC from your file server.  You then join the
file server to the domain, and use winbindd (not nss_ldap).

WINS need not be connected, but we need to have certain entries in the
DNS server, and for dynamic DNS registration (which AD clients will want
to do) you will need it to be on the DC.  For these reasons we recommend
the bind9 dlz plugin we provide.

Andrew Bartlett