[Samba] Windows 8 Release Preview as domain member

Roland Schwingel Roland.Schwingel at onevision.com
Fri Jun 1 06:36:01 MDT 2012

Hi...

Today I also downloaded windows 8 RP and installed it in my network. I am
running a samba 3.6.3 PDC. Previously I was already running a windows 8
Consumer Preview machine with no problems in the domain (after applying
the usual windows 7 registry patch).

I did the same (apply the registry patch) for the windows 8 release
preview. I joined the domain without problem. But after a reboot I cannot
logon to my domain account.
In the eventviewer I can find a message from Netlogon about a missing RPC
server and that it cannot create a secure session with the domain
controller. (translated from german).

In the samba log I can find this:

rpc_server/netlogon/srv_netlogon_nt.c:976(_netr_ServerAuthenticate3)
_netr_ServerAuthenticate3: netlogon_creds_server_check failed. Rejecting
auth request from client WIN8 machine account WIN8$

I heared that there had been some smb changes in the windows 8 RP
(smb3.0).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Roland