[Samba] Rejecting auth request from client xxx machine account, win7,

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 07:43:37 MST 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 5:59 AM, ESGLinux <esggrupos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a strange problem with my SAMBA server as PDC.
>

> I have some win7 machines joined to my domain but when I try to access some
> folders on the server I get  messages like these:
>
> Authentication for user [machine$] -> [machine$] FAILED with error
> NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD
>
> [2012/01/17 11:34:52,  0]
> rpc_server/srv_netlog_nt.c:_netr_ServerAuthenticate2(555)
>  _netr_ServerAuthenticate2: netlogon_creds_server_check failed. Rejecting
> auth request from client machine machine account machine$
>

> I have added the machine to the LDAP,
>
> I have only the problem with the win7 machines. I think the problem has
> begun some days ago. Before It works fine (win7 update perhaps?)
>
> I have checked this url:
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7
>
> But it does not solve the problem.
>
> I have samba-3.3.7-1 installed.
>
> I have not idea which can be the problem, any help from there?
>
> Thanks in advance

Have the windows 7 machines been in the domain for more than 30 days?
If so the machine password update can cause this. I believe if no user
is logged in and a machine password update happens from the client,
samba will not accept the change. At work I had to disable machine
password updates on all windows 7 machines to avoid this.

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2010-October/158590.html

John

John