[Samba] Rejecting auth request from client xxx machine account, win7,

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 08:57:50 MST 2012

2012/1/17 John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com>

> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 5:59 AM, ESGLinux <esggrupos at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have a strange problem with my SAMBA server as PDC.
> >

> > I have some win7 machines joined to my domain but when I try to access
> some
> > folders on the server I get  messages like these:
> >
> > Authentication for user [machine$] -> [machine$] FAILED with error
> > NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD
> >
> > [2012/01/17 11:34:52,  0]
> > rpc_server/srv_netlog_nt.c:_netr_ServerAuthenticate2(555)
> >  _netr_ServerAuthenticate2: netlogon_creds_server_check failed. Rejecting
> > auth request from client machine machine account machine$
> >

> > I have added the machine to the LDAP,
> >
> > I have only the problem with the win7 machines. I think the problem has
> > begun some days ago. Before It works fine (win7 update perhaps?)
> >
> > I have checked this url:
> > http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7
> >
> > But it does not solve the problem.
> >
> > I have samba-3.3.7-1 installed.
> >
> > I have not idea which can be the problem, any help from there?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >

> Have the windows 7 machines been in the domain for more than 30 days?
> If so the machine password update can cause this. I believe if no user
> is logged in and a machine password update happens from the client,
> samba will not accept the change. At work I had to disable machine
> password updates on all windows 7 machines to avoid this.
>
> http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2010-October/158590.html

Hi John,

I think the problem is just this.

I have logged out from the domain an rejoined the machine and now it works,

I have changed this in the registry:

Windows 7 Registry changes to avoid a 30 days password change problem

Client-Registry:
[HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]
"DisablePasswordChange"=dword:00000001

Now it´s working, and I hope that after 30 days it will continue working
;-)

Thank you very much for your help,

ESG