[Samba] Can not logon to domain

Julian Pilfold-Bagwell jpb at bordengrammar.kent.sch.uk
Mon Jan 2 06:58:25 MST 2012

On 02/01/12 12:50, samba at printflow.eu wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> After new year I started to getting error when trying to logon to domain.
> On XP machine I get "The system connot log you on now because the
> domain DOMAIN is not available."
> On Win7 "Trust Relationship Between Workstation and Domain Fails"
>
>  Everything worked well before Christmass; I don't remember any
> (relevant) changes.
>
> I'm getting this error in log:
> netlogon_creds_server_check failed. Rejecting auth request from client
> COMPUTER machine account COMPUTER$
> After reading some googled solution nothing seems be relevant for me ...
>
> I tried to enable WINS - nothing.
> I set new machine joining it without problem, but now can not logon.
>
> Samba version 3.5.11 (Ubunutu 11.10)
> Ldap: 2.4.25
>
> Machines: WinXP and Win7
>
> For moment we setup local account to login, but profile is not loaded -
> as expected - what is kind of blocking.
>
> Note: I have two PDC on net. One works ok (debian testing), other not
> (ubuntu).

Do you mean you have two PDCs or a primary DC and a backup DC.  As I
understand it, you can't have multiple Primary Domain Controllers on
Samba.  PDC is enabled if you have both Domain Logons and Domain Master
set to yes.  You can demote on to BDC by setting Domain Master to no.
Also, only one can the WINS server. Adding the IP of the WINS server to
the network settings
  on the clients may make it work although it shouldn't be necessary.