[Samba] samba 4 how to enable winbindd

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Tue Feb 28 23:58:33 MST 2012

On 2012-02-27 14:13, Alain Toussaint wrote:

Hi Alain,

> 	I configured a domain controller on a ubuntu server using samba 4
> alpha 15 using ubuntu's distribution packages and followed this howto:
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/Winbind to have unix account for
> domain users but winbindd is not running; these two commands from the howto
> does not work:
>
> Wbinfo -p
> Wbinfo -u

Are you running a version of wbinfo that was compiled with your Samba4
install, or is this one your package manager installed at some point?
The winbind named pipe wbinfo uses for communication changed location at
some point, and your wbinfo might be looking at the wrong place.

HTH,
Kai

--
Kai Blin