[Samba] acl's, Samba4 and rw shares

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Fri Feb 17 11:26:45 MST 2012

Hi Aaron, hi everyone

We gave it a go. And yes, we had a little chuckle wrt your references as
to the output of samba-tool ntacl.
We still have not sorted it 100% but at least it's workable. One of the
conclusions we came to was that we don't think Samba4 is taking the acl
from the disk. Here are our findings which of course, include the output
from ntacl (worth a click just to see that!):
http://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.com/2012/02/samba4-shares.html

If anyone can help pleeeez post.
Thanks for your patience,
Steve