[Samba] acl's, Samba4 and rw shares

Aaron E. ssureshot at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 11:39:43 MST 2012

Setting the Permissions in windows is easy, browse to your server like
so..start> run  \\server

right click share >  properties,> security tab -- if your unfamiliar
with windows permissions I would read up on those..

being doable in linux,, hmm I'm sure it is but as I said I would create
a share change windows permissions and look at them through linux, do
that and you'll get the idea of what I'm talking about...

Someone can correct me here if I step out of bounds but I don't think
the samba team has gotten this far yet to make the samba-tool ntacl tree
practical to use..

as far as how the perms are shared is relative to file-system support,
that's what the user_xattr support on the mount point is for.. so it
adds the support for the Linux mount to store the NTACLS ,