[Samba] About SAMBA Configuration

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Sun Feb 12 08:42:41 MST 2012

On Sun, 2012-02-12 at 16:32 +0545, Uttam Shrestha Rana wrote:
> I am in need of help on configuring SAMBA Server: requirement as -
> Two SAMBA user: *one user* should have *read, write* access to SAMBA server
> share directory but *not delete, modify* the files uploaded on share
> directory *files size limited to 300K* where as *another user* should have
> only *read access* to same SAMBA server share directory. Please help me if
> it is possible to be configured or if any alternate things can be
> approximately matches this scenario. It will be great support for you like
> experts.

This is certainly possible;  everything required is included in the
standard documentation.  Check out the "valid users" and "write list"
defaults.  You should also be able to modify share permissions with
cacls or other Windows tools.

--
System & Network Administrator [ LPI & NCLA ]
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>