[Samba] Limitations in packages of Samba 4.0 (particularly pre-releases)

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Dec 20 00:59:39 MST 2012

Hai Andrew,

you wrote
>The same applies to Debian/Ubuntu, which has for the same reason
>packaged pre-releases of Samba 4.0 to support OpenChange.  These
>packages are also not full packages of the final Samba 4.0.  On
>samba-technical I've posted a link to the start of the packaging work
>I've done to fix that.

Can you provide the link for me, so i can look at it.

Im looking atm to rebuild the debian experimental samba4 back to squeeze or im going to use the sernet packages.
I like the sernet appliance packages because of the integrated zarafa schemas.
I saw samba4 has mismatch with the debian stable samba3, do you know is this also applies for samba 3.6.6 ( from backports )

Best regards,

Louis