[Samba] Samba Client <--> Server Timeout

Eric Liu eric.liu at uniquesoft.com
Fri Dec 14 03:36:58 MST 2012

Hi Folk,

I am writing a Samba VFS module. The VFS CLOSE operation takes a longer
time, much greater than 20s, to return. Looks this will cause Samba client
server communication timeout. And Samba will load a new module, which is
not what I want. I want Samba to wait, until VFS CLOSE operation finishes
what it should do. I don't want Samba to load a new module. Can anyone tell
me how/where to change Samba source code to realize this?

Many thanks
Eric