[Samba] Samba and SSH

Andrew Dumaresq dumaresq at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 20:21:59 MST 2012

Hello,

I've had this working before, but I can't seem to get it working
again, I'm trying to get ssh to authenticate between my hosts on my
local networks, KDC is samba, and I can kinit on all my hosts, but
SSHd on all my hosts has a weird problem, when I run sshd -d
everything looks normal until:

debug1: attempt 1 failures 0 [preauth]
debug1: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information
No key table entry found matching host/host.domain.local@

Note nothing after the @ sign.  I thought this was a DNS resolution
issue but both hosts resolve forward and reverse. So I have no idea
why it wouldn't do @DOMAIN.LOCAL at the end.

for what it's worth here's my krb5.conf:
[domain_realm]
        .domain.local = DOMAIN.LOCAL
        domain.local = DOMAIN.LOCAL
[libdefaults]
        default_realm = DOMAIN.LOCAL
        dns_lookup_realm = true
        dns_lookup_kdc = true
        forwardable = true
        proxiable = true

[realms]
        DOMAIN.LOCAL = {
                        kdc = kdc.domain.local:88
        }
[v4 domain_realm]
        .domain.local = DOMAIN.LOCAL
        domain.local = DOMAIN.LOCAL

I am also not sure if this is a samba issue or an SSH issue, but I've
tried messing around with DNS krb5.conf and SSH and I no matter what I
do the kerb domain never gets added.  What am I missing?

Thanks