[Samba] samba4 and dns + dhcp on windows.

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Dec 6 01:24:52 MST 2012

Hai,

Just quick question.
I have a windows server for my dhcp and primary dns. ( and its own domain saay domain AAAAA )

Can i install samba4 with domain BBBBB but let the windows servers do the DNS and DHCP
these are and will stay separate domains for now.

Or do i have to install samba 4 in to the windows domain and transfer the FSMO roles to the samba server and use these dns of windows.

Whats is the best to do.
1 point, i cant change dns + dhcp, these must be on the windows servers.  ( yes i know, it sucks )

Louis