[Samba] samba4 and dns + dhcp on windows.

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Sat Dec 8 08:29:25 MST 2012

From: L.P.H. van Belle <belle at bazuin.nl>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 09:24:52 +0100

> Just quick question.
> I have a windows server for my dhcp and primary dns. ( and its own domain
> saay domain AAAAA )
>
> Can i install samba4 with domain BBBBB but let the windows servers do the
> DNS and DHCP
> these are and will stay separate domains for now.

You can do this, but on existing DNS server, you can manually configure DNS
settings to set statically all required DNS records, or to create DNS zones
required for domain BBBBB and to allow dynamically update from machines
domain BBBBB. In addition to these you have to manually configure DNS/DHCP
server for your machines belonging to BBBBB domain to receive BBBBB as its
domain name.

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at monyo.com>