[Samba] ower and group at linux

Marcio Oli marcio.oli.df at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 13:04:29 MST 2012

When I list a directory within the linux OS, appears like this:

-rwxr--r--. 1 root pgt.cxt 7,2K Nov 25 14:33 New Text OpenDocument.odt

At smb.conf is of this way:

[global]
        workgroup = PGT
        server string = Descricao
        security = DOMAIN
        obey pam restrictions = Yes
        registry shares = Yes
        idmap uid = 1000-20000
        idmap gid = 1000-20000
        template homedir = /home/%U
        template shell = /bin/bash
        winbind enum users = Yes
        winbind enum groups = Yes
        winbind use default domain = Yes
[pgt.cxt]
        comment = Descricao
        path = /home/shares/pgt.cxt
        valid users = @PGT\pgt.cxt
        write list = @PGT\pgt.cxt
        read list = @PGT\pgt.cxt
        admin users = @PGT\pgt.cxt
        force group = @PGT\pgt.cxt
        read only = No

But when a user access the share, by windows7 side, and he creates a file,
doesn't appears the username owner of the file, instead of this, always
appears root how the owner.
How can I, solve this issue? I would like that does not appears the root
how the owner, but the user that are accessing and creating the file at the
share.

Thanks,
--
Marcio Oliveira.
"Tudo concorre para o bem daqueles que amam à Deus." (Rom 8,28)