[Samba] Remove dead server from domain.

Thomas Simmons twsnnva at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 05:53:37 MST 2012

Just to note, I have seen the same problem deleting "real" Windows Server
DCs with rc4 and rc5. The first time I try deleting the DC via ADUC, I get
the error:

*Windows cannot delete object
LDAP://10.1.1.254/CN=ADC2,OU=DomainControllers,DC=internal,DC=testdom,DC=com
because:
The parameter is incorrect.

On subsequent tries, the following error is displayed:

Windows cannot delete object
LDAP://10.1.1.254/CN=ADC2,OU=DomainControllers,DC=internal,DC=testdom,DC=com
because:
The specified module could not be found.*
*
*
*My testing has shown that Windows Servers often fail to demote in various
circumstances, so a solution to remove them from AD would be very useful.*