[Samba] Remove dead server from domain.

Alex Matthews qoole.samba at lillimoth.com
Wed Dec 5 05:36:55 MST 2012

Hiya,

I have an S4 domain running that I added another S4 machine to as an
extra domain controller. That machine, unfotunately died (quite
spectacularly I must say, think magic blue smoke). I would like to
remove the dead domain controller from the domain.

In ADUC I can see the DC under 'Domain Controllers' but when I try to
delete it (having ticked the 'permanently offline' box) I get the
following error:

"Windows cannot delete object
LDAP://tainan.internal.stmaryscollege.co.uk/CN=PEFW01,OU=Domain
Controllers,DC=internal,DC=stmaryscollege,DC=co,DC=uk because:

The specified module could not be found."

Is there a command line tool that I could try (samba-tool doesn't seem
to have an option to remove the machine).

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Alex