[Samba] recommended procedure for mandatory roaming profiles for win7 with samba 3

Thierry Lacoste lacoste at u-pec.fr
Mon Dec 3 04:15:57 MST 2012

Hello,

I have a PDC and a File (member) server for homes and profiles (Samba 3.4.17).

For XP clients I have mandatory profiles with all user shell folders redirected to
their respective home share.

Now I'm adding win 7 clients to the mix and I want the same thing.
It's (almost) working but I think my procedure is a bit dirty
(i.e. I use "windows enabler" to build my ntuser.man roaming profile).

Could someone help me or point me to some documentation?

Regards,
Thierry