[Samba] join domain from different subnet (VPN)

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 06:56:50 MDT 2012

Did you try a packet capture on the samba server?

Try adding a entry for the XP machine in the server's /etc/hosts file.

I am guessing there is some sort of weird name resolution issue going on
with the server.    I don't think there is any reason the server should
need to resolve the name of the client machine but I have had weird
issues with VPN connections before.

This is a site-to-site VPN?