[Samba] One profile for all users

Ulrich Schinz ulrich.schinz at ksfh.de
Thu Aug 23 05:51:53 MDT 2012

Hi there,

I'm unsure how to manage this:

I have a samba4 AD for the students here. I'd like them to use all one
profile.
In dsa.msc all students have same path for their profile.
\\samba4\profiles\stud
So now im not sure, which rights I should give that folder.
How I tried it:
- Logon with a Student (profile is created)
- Changing rights of that profile to the group, in which all these
students are (did not work, error changing rights)

So I think I'm on the wrong way to do this. Is there a way, how to
manage this:

- All students should use same profile
- Only one profile on my server
- Students can't change that profile (I think this should be done with
change of ntuser.dat to ntuser.man...)

Is there a defaul-m$-way to do this? Is there a way to get that setup
with samba4?

Any ideas?

Kind regards
Uli