[Samba] Samba 3.3.4 - Win7 Latency with MS Office files

John Goubeaux goubeaux at education.ucsb.edu
Thu Aug 9 13:45:19 MDT 2012

Ok, thanks for that detail on winbind usage.

Oddly my testing of the problem might have pinpointed the issue to be
the fact that the Win7 is running on iMacs, YES!  AND there might be
a driver related latency with the network card. Networking via the
wireless card shows faster results.  Someone decided to buy a bunch
of iMacs and run Windows on them and this is when we began seeing the
issue. I will see.

With regards to a possible LDAP user retrieval issue I cannot see
this changing  if one went from  WinXP   > Win7 on the client but the
Samba  > LDAP mechanism has not changed at the server level where
Samba is running.

-john