[Samba] Problems connecting win7 client to new Samba PDC

Brandon bstepp at mindgrub.com
Thu Aug 9 09:25:20 MDT 2012

On 8/9/2012 10:58 AM, Gaiseric Vandal wrote:
> that looks OK.
>
> You should not need a login script defined for a computer account.

This must have been generated from smb.conf, I didn't actually change
anything.

> Are you able to login as the Domain Administrator?

No.  myadmin is supposed to be the domain administrator.  I followed
this guide for setting up domain admins (even though I'm running 12.04):
https://help.ubuntu.com/11.04/serverguide/samba-dc.html

# net rpc rights list -U myadmin
Enter myadmin's password:
      SeMachineAccountPrivilege  Add machines to domain
       SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege  Take ownership of files or other objects
              SeBackupPrivilege  Back up files and directories
             SeRestorePrivilege  Restore files and directories
      SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege  Force shutdown from a remote system
       SePrintOperatorPrivilege  Manage printers
            SeAddUsersPrivilege  Add users and groups to the domain
        SeDiskOperatorPrivilege  Manage disk shares
            SeSecurityPrivilege  System security

Is this correct?

> Are your group mappings correct?   I ask because it may be that the
> "Domain Users" is not properly recognized as a member of the "Users"
> group on the PC.  Can you login as the domain (or local) admins and
> explicitly add domain users and domain groups to a local group?

When I try to add MYWORKGROUP\myadmin to Users group from the local
admin I get this:

"The following error occurred while using the user name and password you
entered: Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same
user, using more than one user name, are not allowed.  Disconnect all
previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again."

As far as I know, I don't have any other connections going with the
server (except SSH).