[Samba] Problem accessing Samba Share from Windows

andrewm at aimsystems.ca andrewm at aimsystems.ca
Sat Aug 4 16:28:02 MDT 2012

I had this issue before and solved it by adding my subnet to the list of hosts allowed to access samba.
i.e.
hosts allow = 127. 192.168.0. (your.subnet.here.)
I had this issue when trying to access samba from a machine connected via our corporate VPN and needed to add the subnet into the list.  Crucial if you need to NAT and masq your IPs.